Sign in to follow this  
bass89fisher

video on this new record hog

does anyone have a link to the video of the new record bass

It may be the biggest ever caught, but it's not and won't be the record on the books. They are not going to apply for the record, and I doubt it would have been certified if they had.

The thing that disgusts me is that the current recognized WWR Largemouth had no documentation at all and is the standing record while this one has video and photos and won't be considered. No certified scale you say??? We saw the video that clearly showed the fish at 25.1 on the scale. IGFA can duplicate a 25.1 weight for that scale and put the weight on a certified scale to get the accurate weight. It is something tangeable, unlike any aspect of George Perry's bass.

The thing that disgusts me is that the current recognized WWR Largemouth had no documentation at all and is the standing record while this one has video and photos and won't be considered. No certified scale you say??? We saw the video that clearly showed the fish at 25.1 on the scale. IGFA can duplicate a 25.1 weight for that scale and put the weight on a certified scale to get the accurate weight. It is something tangeable, unlike any aspect of George Perry's bass.

According to the IGFA, the fish must be caught within accordance of the rules of whatever state the fish was caught in.  California considers a foul hooked fish a "non" catch and thus must be released immediately.  No dragging to official scales, no measuring, nothing.  This fish isn't eligible per the IGFA's own rules.