Sign in to follow this  
carlito77

Bassmaster.com Insider

Is it worth it to become a member (bassmaster insider).  I was thinking about joining, but it is quite expensive if you live in canada.  I think most of the info I need, I can find here, but if there's anything useful I may join.  I like the idea of learning how to work specific lures.  Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

It's OK, there are a lot of tips, but probably nothing you coun't find here.

The one advantage I have found is the videos. There are quite a few good ones, but that begs the question... "Is it worth the extra $$$ for some videos?"

My answer, I don't plan on renewing my Insider membership.

Oh yeah, the message board here is WAY better.

It's OK, there are a lot of tips, but probably nothing you coun't find here.

The one advantage I have found is the videos. There are quite a few good ones, but that begs the question... "Is it worth the extra $$$ for some videos?"

My answer, I don't plan on renewing my Insider membership.

Oh yeah, the message board here is WAY better.

I'm with the_fishin_dude... I did the free thing for a month, then kept it when it came time to pay.  Actually, be careful they won't remind you it's time to re-up, they just charge your card.  After comparing Insider with what I get here, I'm not renewing either.

Guest avid

It doesn't matter what country your from.  It still isn't worth it.  I had it for a year. The only good thing I got from it was the decals to put on my boat and truck.  What a waste.  

Honestly,it gives you a subscription to a pretty fair fishing magazine(Bassmaster).They'll also throw you a few bassin' goodies(hats,baits,Trilene XT line,stickers with the BASS logo,a BASS patch,etc.).I join mainly for the magazine.

I dig the magazine, but I do hate the stuff they send you without asking.  You know the, "If you like it, keep it and we'll bill you and send more" stuff.  Kind of a pain to ship the stuff back.  If I want it, I'll ask for it.

Yeah I was wondering about that.  If you dont return it I wonder what would happen if you say that you didnt ask for it and you arent paying.  The worst thing would be a cancellation of your subscription.

The "INSIDER" is nothing more than a market strategy

devised by ESPN to shake the Money Tree.

Roger