Sign in to follow this  
-nick-

GYCB Kreature

I typically rig them as shown in this pic. http://www.tackletour.com/images/picyamamotokreature5.jpg

As for fishing them, I use them as a pitching/flipping bait, and usually peg them with a bullet weight. Though im sure fishing them with a free sliding bullet would work too, I just prefer to peg because I don't want the sinker to get caught up on any sort of cover when I pitch the bait to a stickpile, I want the bait to fall straight to the bottom like a jig.

I've even heard of some guys using them weightless and fishing them ontop of weed mats, I've tryed this and I found the bait to catch alot of weeds, dunno, maybe I was doing it wrong or somethin, but my best luck with them comes pitching/flipping them with a pegged bullet weight.

I LOVE the Kreature.  I rig it exactly opposite of Bassfishingmachine.  The eye of the hook is coming out of the skirted end, kinda like rigging a Fat Ika.  I've had most of my success dragging this bait on a Carolina rig through rock and clay.  The fish will crush this thing.  Favorite color is the watermelon/gold

I LOVE the Kreature. I rig it exactly opposite of Bassfishingmachine. The eye of the hook is coming out of the skirted end, kinda like rigging a Fat Ika. I've had most of my success dragging this bait on a Carolina rig through rock and clay. The fish will crush this thing. Favorite color is the watermelon/gold

Ah, im going to have to give this way of rigging it a try. Do you ever t-rig it while fishing it "backwards" like this?

I LOVE the Kreature. I rig it exactly opposite of Bassfishingmachine. The eye of the hook is coming out of the skirted end, kinda like rigging a Fat Ika. I've had most of my success dragging this bait on a Carolina rig through rock and clay. The fish will crush this thing. Favorite color is the watermelon/gold

X2 only green pumpkin

The colors I like are 021 and 330.

8-)

Last week I was killin 'em on a kreature (black w/ blue flake) on a c-rig dragged along the bottom.  Its my #1 bait on a c-rig so far this winter.  Forward or backwards, its great either way.  

I've also done well putting a black kreature on a black and blue chatterbait.  Slow roll it along the bottom, the action is incredible.

X2 what BassFishingMachine says.

Love to flip or pitch them into cover.

I use a weedless hook which means I can throw them all over the place.

Did you know that you can find special runs of the Kreature bait for specific bodies of water?

Check out your local tackle shops on the different bodies of water and see if they have any special runs in stock.  ;)

Im using the Kreature for jigs like the pix above works great but seems pretty Bulky and sinks pretty fast.

GYCB makes some great baits tho the 5in Senko's in Watermellon is great on a Trig

Another jig trailor i herd was good is the Flapin Hog II I just got a pack in 194 (I think Green pumpkin somthing) havnt tryed it but gona give it a shot this weeken on wiley will make new topic soon.

Just texas-rig them like your other plastics.

I'm not a fan of them though.  The appendages stick together and they tear easy like all the other GYCB, and they're expensive.  Just my opinion though.