Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

Strike King 3X Finesse Worm?

I found 4 bags of the 3 X Fin worms in a tackle box. I have never used them, are they worth keeping?  I was thinking of selling them on the Flea market. I like that they float but they don't go on spot remover jig very well. I would have to fish them on a strike King Fin. jig or on a 3/0 hook on a C-rig. Any info would be great! :-?

anything SK 3x has a very high float and will last at least ten fish. I say keep em and fish em

I've got a couple bags myself and I love them, the only problem is what you said with them not going on jigheads very well, but that can be fixed with a little super glue

I would think they would be good on a Drop Shot rig? :-/

I found 4 bags of the 3 X Fin worms in a tackle box. I have never used them, are they worth keeping? I was thinking of selling them on the Flea market. I like that they float but they don't go on spot remover jig very well. I would have to fish them on a strike King Fin. jig or on a 3/0 hook on a C-rig. Any info would be great! :-?

Absolutely not! I will P.M. you my address and send them to me immediately!  ;D

wow this is my first post in months.

yes keep them. they are great!

like u said though they arent that great as a shakey head type thing... but man they kill on the carolina rig. ive drop shotted and texas rigged them as well. and if you get a wire 2/0 or 3/0 worm hook, you can throw them weedless as a floating trick worm.

the best thing i like about the 3x stuff is that bream and bluegill wont destroy the bait before the lm. i have that problem alot in the river i frequent.

- fin@tic, its not old age that makes them do that. i have some that are pushing 3 years old.keep them sealed up and never ever ever mix them with other plastics. ever. they will turn to goo. :)

Don't leave then anywhere they will get real hot either.

They work great for c-rigging and for shakey head fishing.  I was surprised at how well they hold up and how long they last.  Picked up some of the smaller worms and craws and going to give then a try on a dropshot rig.

Thanks, you talked me into keeping them! I will give them a try this year. Sounds like a good worm to throw over weeds with no weight. :)

One of my most productive baits last year was a 3X worm on a Tru Tungsten jighead. Either the Ike's Spike or the Weed Wacker.

One worm will catch at least two dozen fish. When it will no loger stay up on the jig, slice off about 1/4", re-rig it and go catch another couple dozen.

Just don't mix them with regular plastics. And keep them out of the sun.

One more tip. Do NOT try to dip them in JJ's Magic. I tried it once. Melted the worm immediately, and turned the jar of JJ's into what looked like orange cottage cheese.

They are a great worm if you have 20 min. and glue to rig them up.   ;D

They are a great worm if you have 20 min. and glue to rig them up. ;D

you're a 3x hater

One of my most productive baits last year was a 3X worm on a Tru Tungsten jighead. Either the Ike's Spike or the Weed Wacker.

One worm will catch at least two dozen fish. When it will no loger stay up on the jig, slice off about 1/4", re-rig it and go catch another couple dozen.

One more tip. Do NOT try to dip them in JJ's Magic. I tried it once. Melted the worm immediately, and turned the jar of JJ's into what looked like orange cottage cheese.

Now that is some good info! Thanks  :)

I know that the Tungsten jig has a very good feel to them. Is that the reson you like these jigs? They look kind of funny. I did but one pack last year of the Spike but never used them!

i've actualy tried these guys not only as shakey worms for smallies, but also weightless on heavy surface vegetation. the strikes are explosive, especially when you let it just dangle in the surface film. I would keep 'em

I hate 3x plastics as a whole, but the 3x finesse worm is almost a staple for me (and should be fore everyone else).  Nothing floats higher.   It is one of the best shaky head worms out there...you just need a wire corkscrew-type fastener.  The Spot Remover Pro works great for them.  

Use them on your Shaky Head presentations.  :)