Sign in to follow this  
shootermcbob

Soft plastics

Anybody have experience with Cabelas or Bass Pro store brand plastics? Does anyone know who makes them for each company? Thanks.

I used to use both, bottom line *** is better quality as far as Trick Sticks and cheaper,

BPS has better Senko Knock offs, I really did not like that Cabelas Aqua Glow line.

Having used both retailers products it is my experience that BPS has better Soft Plastics than Cabelas

however Cabelas sells Northland Plastics ( cheaper)  which are very good.

I do not know who makes BPS but I use them with good results. I love BPS tubes, specifically 4" Magnum Flippin Tubes. They last about as long as any other tube in my opinion. I use BPS worms and creatures also. I cannot say there is anything bad about them, they are priced good also.

Maybe you could e-mail them and ask them who makes their plastics, they might tell you. I tried google but nothing came up.

Ian

I have started using more of Gander Mountain brand plastics. Their finesse worms and beavers have proven to be very effective and you get more in the package then with other brands.

I was told who made them, but don't remember right now....it is a ***** to get old! ::)

I have used BPS plastics for some time and they are pretty good.

Worms, grubs, lizards, probably as good as anyones. I really like the Shadee Shad which us a fluke style bait but with a little more meat to it. Stick-O's (senko type) are O.K. and a great value but are a bit stiffer and don't shimmy quite like a senko. They do last longer.