Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

Bassmaster magazine cover question

I passed a magazine stand and glimpsed the june cover and could have sworn it said world record broken in Cali 19.7.

???  Anyone got a copy?  Could you straighten me out?

Just another Cali Bass, but man, what a fish!

It's the July/August issue and the text accompanying the picture was:

Record bustin' out west

Guest DavidGreen

L-B-H,

You should pick up that copy and take a look at pg.24. Shows the fish being held in front of the anglers daughter. Almost as big as she is...

I sure do miss fishing the San Deigo waters...

Tight Lines All!!  

Yeah, you saw the July/August issue.

There was a June article about a bass reportedly over 25 lbs being caught at Lake Dixon in California, but in wasn't on th cover.  It was photographed and videoed being weighed on non certified hand held scales showing it to be over 25 lbs.  Obviously, if this was accurate it would have been a new wr.  The guy chose to release the monster with out measuring it or certifying the weight.  He chose not to submit it to IGFA because he knew there would be a lot of controversy over how he caught it (it was foul hooked) and that he failed to measure and certify it.  This is on page 8 of the June issue.  

;) We had about 100 pages of discussion on that one!!

I figured you might have. June was my first issue and I just joined here on May 30, so I missed all of that. Btw, your vids are great.

No it was just a new lake record for Lake Mission Viejo and 128 acre private lake, Fish was 19 lbs 11 ounces. One the same page they had a little blurb to get you thinking about whether or not a world record fish should be allowed to come from private waters.

That is my second issue of the mag and would highly recommend it for guys like me (semi newbie). I too enjoy the "day on the lake" articles, Where they take an Elite Series angler to a mystery lake they have never fished. They follow them for the day recording all their actions methods, and thougts. Good read and educational.

Another one of those juiced up bass in Cali..Seems juicing is running rampant in Cali..Barry Bonds and all those trout for the fish..lol..Maybe one day we will start dumping trout in my georgia waters.. ;D