Sign in to follow this  
jasone

Drastic Drop in Temp

Hey all.

What is the best strategy for dealing with sudden changes in temperature throughout the year?

We are looking at a drop this weekend from Upper 90's to Mid to Upper 80's.  Will this drive the bass any shallower or should I stay as deep as I can?

Does anyone have any guidelines for temps?  For instance, I know the extreme highs or lows drive the fish deep.  Exactly what temp will they make a move.  This is of course, assuming food availability is not a factor.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

J

Around here, a change like that would trigger a drastic increase in the fish activity. We'd likely see mass amounts of schooling and very aggresive feeding shallower than before... not neccessarily shallow but shallower than they were. Probably a lot of topwater action also.

Each lake will be different. Deep and shallow are relative terms.

By the way, where are you located, I'm jealous!!! Our "cool front" this week cooled it down to 99/100. They are saying down to 96-98 by Sunday! ....lol

Hey Flechero

Thanks for the info.

I'm all the way up here in Kentucky.  Well, at least the spawn comes earlier for you.  That and you get to fish for FL strain.  So, don't be too jealous!

J

jasone,I'm going out tomorrow.I'm planning on starting where I left off (15-25 ft. deep)and working my way shallower if I don't get bit.I would say some of the shallower humps will come alive.An increase in current will be a bigger factor,if we get one.