Sign in to follow this  
mistahubbs

Topo Maps

Trying to learn a little more about using these.  I've been trying to find out all the uses of them before I go out and spend a lot of money on one.  So if you know lots about these hook me up with some information please.  

I think the most I pay is around 10.00 for what I think are good maps and bottom end is 5.00.      I love multiple maps by other map makers.     You will see some things on one and not the other.

Tire reefs, borrow Pits, old buildings on one map and not the other.

I will look at different maps so I can detail one map with all "structures".

After you read the above posts, if you have any specific questions, just ask, someone will be by shortly to answer them.\\\\

Hookem

matt

mistatubbs,

Welcome to the forum, as you can see, there is a vast wealth of knowledge in Glenn's library.

Hookem

Matt

Welcome to the forum! You'll find plenty of help here.

As for topo maps, you might be able to get some maps to start with for free on the Web. Check this site:

http://www.topozone.com/

Click View Maps in the upper left-hand corner. You can print portions of maps for free.

Norman

I'd love to have some good topo maps of my favorite lakes too, and have searched high and low, but personally speaking, I have not found "any" that I am satified with :-( Just not enough sharp detail. Hopefully, as technology improves, the topo maps will follow. I'll keep watching to see what happens....

Peace,

Fish

Some lakes that don't have topos that are man made will have maps available thru the Core of Engineers who built most lakes.   Some of the offices I have visted at area lakes have photos of before and after.     Very nice to see.

Hookem

Matt.