Sign in to follow this  
PARROTTHEAD_VOL

How would you fish this lake?

I am thinking about making a trip over to this lake next week? I need some help from you guys and your thoughts on the lake and where and what I should fish?

Here is a link with some background on the lake

http://cedarcreeklake.info/?q=node/2

Here is a link of a picture of the Lake with structure, etc.....................

http://www.answers.com/topic/cedarcreeklake-gif

Thanks and let me know what you think. If anyone could just post a picture of the lake on here I would appericate it. (I couldn't get it the correct size, and still have a good picture)

Nice little map they put together. Since it's August we might assume that the fish will be on main lake structure. I noticed that several main lake points are intersected by the old creek channel. I would fish these a few times during the trip. I also really like the submerged (150)bridge. That should be a fish magnet! Anyway...the points I mentioned along with the bridge(and it's roadbed) are what jumped out at me first.

As a rule of thumb, the bass should be deeper right now but that's just not the case sometimes. If there'e plenty of food and cover for the bass up shallow then they can stay shallow year round. It looks like great pains have been taken to provide cover in this lake and you may not have to fish deep at all. If they are shallow then you will just have to "go fishin" to find areas with the largest concentrations of bass. Good luck, I wish I was going with you!

I would run spinnerbaits on the outside edge of weedbeds that are close to deep water. If that didn't work I would use a crankbait to probe the rockpiles--hopefully banging the bait off the rocks. That bridge/stickbed/rockpile combo near the middle of the lake would be my first stop. Don't stay in any one place too long--30 minutes tops if you don't get a hook-up.  If you catch a fish with the crankbait or spinnerbait you can then switch to a plastic worm and see if that will catch more--if soft plastics are your thing.

i think i would concentrate on the main channel and where it intersected any other tributaries.any points that fall off into deeper water.any ledges.the old 150 bridge has alot of different points and structure,and the area s.,looks like maybe a old railroad that intersects w/ other tributaries.work the break line or flat before it falls into deeper water early w/ topwater,and then the drops and points w/ cranks,c-rigs,if you find any fish at all work that area w/ plastics or jigs.i know from experience that a map is harder to find specific locations out on the water. if you have a gps w/ maps it will be alot easier.good luck!

Overview of the lake:

cedarlak.gif

I think I would be looking at some of those incoming creeks - especially where two converge.