Sign in to follow this  
tejanoblackbass

Help!! fellow bass buddies with catch and release

I've been fishin for about 20 years now for bass and have enjoyed every year of it, in the beginning I didn't do much catch and release but once I saw TV and read bassmaster magazine I realized the importance of catch and release right away, I've caught many bass over the 10 lb range and never had second thoughts of why i let them all go....I have a new friend who owns a lot of property near Corpus christi and we fished one of his dad's creeks that runs quite a way, being as it has never been fished we killed em there.  I had another friend of mine that is used to catch and release thats why I was surprised when I saw a stringer of 8 bass all ranging from 10 to 12 inches long....you know when your fishing ....and the fishing is on, you ignore it at first but when we started to go home I didnt know what to telll my friend I mean this is  his fathers property...welll thats not the worst part of it, my other friend the one I grew up with kept an 8 pounder that he caught and wants to mount it, and my friend, that dad owns the property caught a 6 pounder also kept that one all together we destroyed about 6 to 7 years of bass growing in that creek  :(, on our way home which was like 3 hours long i explained to my friend about consesrvation but I dont think it sunk in to him that keeping bass in that quantity could be detremental to the creek....so next time we go out i know its gonna happen again, please guys give me some advice thanks.

Catch and release vs. catch, eat or mount has been covered IN DETAIL over the past eleven days.

We DO NOT need to go through this again this week.

tejanoblackbass, go back through the threads posted since 8/4 and you can review a variety of opinions. One of the threads was started in "Tournament or outing".

I am freezing this thread.