Sign in to follow this  
bigbassboy

what lure to use?

I'm aiming for large largemouth bass, and trying to get as many as possible, but I have a small selection of lures.I'm going to be fishing starting around 3 probably,and im using a rattling fish like lure, a diving minnow,and a beaded spinner.Its cloudy and in the mid 70s and the water is from 2 to 9 feet deep,with large patches of weeds.Which lure would catch the most and biggest fish?

Depending how deep that diving minnow goes down then you could try it. The rattling one would be good to attract fishes attention, I don't know what type of lure it is but if it's a crankbait then try that with a slow retrieve. You could also work your spinner around the weeds. Whatever you choose make sure you have a very slow retrieve as the big bass are lazy.

The one you call a rattling fish like lure sounds like a rat-l-trap (or more generally called a lipless crankbait).  Does it have two sets of treble hooks?  The 'diving minnow' probably has a plastic lip on the nose and treble hooks also?  If so, you may have trouble with either of these lures in weedy areas.  Treble hooks will easily get snagged.  Experienced fishermen sometimes like to reel in the lipless cranks at the proper speed so that it comes just over the top of the weeds, but that may difficult if you don't have much experienced with this kind of lure.  

The spinnerbait is probably your best bet.  

If you have time/money to run to the store before you head out, it would be worth your while to pick up a couple colors of plastic worms, hooks, and 1/16 oz weights for a texas rig.  You can get all that for less than $10.  

yes,thats what they are.The weedy patches are small,but there are quite a few of them especially near shore.Ive never gotton stuck on one either.Also,the spinner doesnt cast very far and seems too small to attract anything more than a 1 or 2 pounder..To be honest,Id much rather use the other 2 lures.