Sign in to follow this  
joez2872-ct

any advice ???

does anyone  have sum advice on fishing a small  pond for sum bass this time of year with all this  rain etc ,  i have caught a few small ones but thats it not even  a pickeral yet  this  dam weather . thanks

Guest bigtex
does anyone have sum advice on fishing a small pond for sum bass this time of year with all this  rain etc , i have caught a few small ones but thats it not even a pickeral yet this dam weather . thanks

Yall are getting rain?!?!?!?!?!

Small bodies of water tend to be affected by weather changes more that larger lakes. However the bright spot is they recover quicker as well. Also, you tend to find single patterns in small ponds whereas in lakes you may have multiple independent populations of bass that give anglers more options in terms of actively feeding fish, when a large amount of rain enters a smaller pond, the pH of water is affected very repidly. This often times causes the fish to go dormant depending on how adverse of a change to th pH occurs. The best bet, when fishing after a hard rain or rise in pond levels, fish as close to bank as possible with floating worms, rats/frogs as these type of baits not only give the fish a slower prey mimick but also resembles a prey type often found in around ponds, especially after a lot of rain

I was having the same problem at a local bass pond that I fish. I don't know what the water conditions are like there both if there a little merky like mine then I'd try a bright yellow 4" action tail worm. I was only catching about 2-3 when I was going there before then I started using those worms and I was pulling between 15-20 out including some nice 3 and 4 pounders.