Sign in to follow this  
BassinBoy

RT Chunk

How are the Rage Tail chunks from strike king?

Are they very durable?  I bought a half a dozen packs and hoping they will be great trailers.

Thanks everyone

Are they very durable? I bought a half a dozen packs and hoping they will be great trailers.

Thanks everyone

Also take alook at the Netbait chunks. Bass Pro carrys them.

Are they very durable? I bought a half a dozen packs and hoping they will be great trailers.

Thanks everyone

Also take alook at the Netbait chunks. Bass Pro carrys them.

Thank you, but I'm looking for feedback on the Rage Tail Chunks.

Although nowadays I am big on the netbait products I will honestly say the RT are VERY durable,at least as much as a plastic can be. :D

They are great trailers when you want tons of action.  Durability seems good.  I haven't used mine a ton, but I did catch my PB on a jig with a RT chunk as the trailer.

Pacas are good too.

I think the durability is 1.5 times greater than the paca chunk, but the price is more than 2 times greater. I like the action of the paca chunk better.

I had high expectations on this jig.  To answer your question imo, yes they are very durable.  However, my feedback on them is when you are looking for a finess pattern I think you should go more for the paca.  The RT has a ton of action in them which to me means that there is a time for that pattern.  I think if you popped one on early morning during an active feed, yes you would probably do well.  When the day heats up and they go deep is when I would fall back to a more finess leass action jig like the paca.  When I say less action I don't discard the paca at all, but I don't think it moves as much water as the RT.  Vibration, blah blah blah, you all know the rest.

Hey BassinBoy, To your question of durability, I think RT Chunk will out perform any other high action jig trailer. As to your Hope for them to be great trailers, I think they will out perform any other jig trailer.

We need to and should listen to all opinions, as well as research for ourselves without bias to find actual facts and with that said, "If a fish will eat a jig" and your jig is rigged with a RT chunk, and it falls within seeing or feeling distance of that same fish, that fish will eat your jig. After 45 yrs of fishing jigs year around, and working and fishing with the best Pro's in the industry (and not just SK Pros), I haven't seen any high action trailer that was capable of putting too much action on a jig or caused the angler to not catch fish. This is often the angler fishing or moving the jig improperly, too fast or too slow that brings about this result.

I realize that you didn't ask for a jig fishing history lesson but hope that answered your questions with as many facts as possible. Now find the fish and I hope you become a Jig'a'Maniac like me.....It's a fun way to be.

Fish Safe

Big O

www.ragetail.com