Sign in to follow this  
biteme

Lake advice needed.

Ive been fishing a local lake with little luck. There are no gas motors allowed and I never see anyone fishing it. Ive fished ponds that branch off of it with a lot of luck. Right now the ponds are very low and I think the fish have moved out in the lake. I fished the lake part last week and saw two BIG bass swimin near the shore line. These guys would go about 4 to 5 lbs. I threw a senko right on top of them with no luck. They didnt even stop to look at it. Seems like Ive thrown everything in my box in that lake and notta! Water temp is about 75-78 and it gets deep. It has a rock bed bottom with lots of clam's that can be seen. Water is pretty clear. It just seems like it would produce TONs of BIG fish. It also has trout in it :) If you guys can think of any advice it would be great!

Perhaps a lure that looks and imitates the bait fish and minnows in your area?

Try some black and silver spinner baits or some buzz baits.

Im going tonight and Im going to try some Matt lures baby bass. Ill look for some minnow's also. Ill alos try the spinner bait's.

One suggestion would be to look for drop offs along the channel and then drag a heavy (5/8 or bigger) jig along until you find submerged brush.  Then switch over to a heavy weighted worm (I usually go with a 1/4 oz, but you can go bigger if the water is deeper than say 15' to 20') and work it through the brush pile.  I don't know what colors would work in your area, but Redbug and Junebug are pretty popular in this area right now.

Cruising bass can be very tough. Plus if you can see them, they can see you. Have you fished there in low light conditions? That's the only specific that I can throw out.

Well biteme clear water is kinda a totally different type of bass fishing.Especially if your fishing shallow water.

You want to try to make longer casts to avoid spooking them.But to go with what Marty said,cruising bass are very stubborn to most lures because most of them are on a mission and dont feel like stopping or chasing anything to quickly.However if you wear sunglasses (make sure their polorized)you will be able to sight fish alot better and maybe even catch some of those cruisers!

Like Marty says > If you can see them > they can see you ! Not good.   If your after the bass then I would choose dusk and whatever they are after. In my state (PA) I would use small live bluegill or sunfish under a bobber. Or  air inject a collar of a night crawler and let it surface.