Sign in to follow this  
Bassnajr

Picked up some new Strike King Red Eye Shad in 3/4 oz!!

Hey all....

Took a drive to BPS today and picked up a few of the above in the new 3/4 oz. size. They are sharp!!! The paint also seems a little better, new and improved if you will with some awesome patterns....

Have any of our Southern brothers tried these out yet?? I love the 1/4 oz. and 1/2 oz. size...caught many fish last year on these and have high hopes for the bigger size.

Thoughts???      Opinions???

I'm not from the South, but I bought a few that will no doubt  see some action in 2009. It's no secret the Red Eye Shad is one of the best baits in its class.

I have some I used late this fall and caught 2 fish not much bigger than the lure and 1 close to 4lb that kicked off right at the boat all with in 20 minutes one morning. I couldn't believe such small fish would try to eat this size bait. But I think they are a good size for the summer and fall when the shad in the lake are bigger. I also feel they are better in 10'+ because of the fast fall rate of the 3/4oz. JMO. David

I was thinking about getting a couple for this spring, how do you guys fish them? Do you just let them sink some and just reel it straight back in?

The great thing about these is you can fish them many ways. You can burn them top, middle, fish them like a jerk bait, or jig them. I have gotten many hits as the bait drops on a slack line. Great bait!!!

ajr

Hey all....

Took a drive to BPS today and picked up a few of the above in the new 3/4 oz. size. They are sharp!!! The paint also seems a little better, new and improved if you will with some awesome patterns....

Have any of our Southern brothers tried these out yet?? I love the 1/4 oz. and 1/2 oz. size...caught many fish last year on these and have high hopes for the bigger size.

Thoughts???      Opinions???

My opinion is to send them to me and I will try them out and let you know. If I don't lose them, I'll send them back. ;D