Sign in to follow this  
Syfer420

How early in the morning is too late?

I dont currently own a car and i was wondering if going fishing at 7:30 or 8 when the busses start running is too late. Any input?

Personally, I like late morning to early afternoon. I always seem to do the best between about 10 a.m and 2 p.m.........Both my PB Smallie & Largemouth came during those times. Get out there when you can and get em!  ;D ;D

If you are in an area like New England where fall is in full swing with temps rapidly dropping, etc, I suggest going midday.  Water temps are peaking mid afternoon this time of year.

to echo what others have said, you should be getting there right on time.  in the summer the crack of dawn is good to me but as it cools down some i think it gets considerably better when the sun gets out and does its thing for awhile.  

Yep you should be fine, and any time is better than no time  :D

I dont currently own a car and i was wondering if going fishing at 7:30 or 8 when the busses start running is too late. Any input?

Some of my friends like going out at 4:30 a.m.  Not for me...I usually head out at 7:30 and 8....that's a good time to go.

Shouldn't you be on the bus going to school instead of out fishing?  ;)

Fish now as often as you can, whenever you can! I spent 200 plus days on the water when I was younger. Now I am married with kids (and a full time job) and I am lucky to get out on the weekends! I love my wife and kids and my daughter is finally at the age where she asks to fish with me!!! In a few years, I am hoping my little guy will want to fish too and it will become a family affair! Anyway, cherish every chance you get to fish now, no matter what time of the day it is!!!

Kevin

P.S. I had an accident 2 years ago and didn't walk for a year (didn't fish either)...  I am happy to be out on the water and if I don't catch a fish, I am still happy to enjoy nature no matter what time it is!

A little after sunrise is good and a few hours after its completely dark. This gives the fish time to adjust to the light.

Shouldn't you be on the bus going to school instead of out fishing? ;)

hahaha im 23 been outa school for a little but yes i should be taking the bus to school college anyway...