Sign in to follow this  
the ohh face

Cape Cod Canal Fishers?

Wondering if anyone could give me some tips on fishing the canal.  I have done very little saltwater fishing over the years and most of that was from a boat.  Over the past six months i have been down to the canal several times and have had no success. Ive used fresh squid, pogies, mackeral and some topwaters during slack tide. Have yet to catch a fish. I know patience is a virtue but i got about 80 hours fishing on the canal with not one striper, so its wearing thin. I dont know if the striper are still in the canal at this time of year or are they there year round?  Dont know much about it and im looking for some pointers.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll leave this here for awhile, but maybe you would get more response in the "Northeast" forum.

or "Other Fish Species".

I fished the canal twice but both times I was a passanger along with a well experienced Captain. The canal is no joke when trying to work lines and a boat in that current. Stripers should still be there too. They are still down in the southern counties of RI.

I wish I could help more, I know I sure would like to see more participation from folks on the Cape. That's one strip of land that is PACKED with anglers of all sorts.