Sign in to follow this  
dhuffnmu

Video Cam for fishing.

Since alot of you guys are making movies of your fishing.  I want to ask you guys what camera should i look for.  I am getting one for christmas and don't know what to get.  I was thinking of one of the miniture DVD ones.  Which ones are good looking to spend around 400 or under.  I want something that is going to be easy to use and produce some quality films.  So what do you guys have or wish you had and like.  Thanks.

I bought a Hitachi for my son last year. It was the cheapest one I could find that used the small DVD-R and DVD-RAM for rewriteable. He loves it. The good thing about it is you can pop it out and put it in your computer witout cables. Thats what he wanted.

Jim

I use a fujifilm s5600.  I absolutely love it, it's actually my second 1.  (orig model was a s5200)

It's a digi camera (6mp) and has a "video" option.  With a 1 gig card ($50) you can capture alot of video!  I like the dual purposeness.  Stills and video.

I can't reccommend this camera enough, 2 reasons mainly.  

Quality

Easy to use (menus,settings,etc)

It's got an inexpensive price point but after rechargable Batt's, bigger card, etc, you are looking around $400-$500.  If you use the camera as much as I do, it is an incredible value.  I don't leave the house without it, literally.

I can't reccommend this camera enough, 2 reasons mainly.

I'd like to ask how is the shutter rate (from point-n-shoot to actual shot)?  I've had several cameras over the years and would like to upgrade this year but my last camera is slow in this respect.

Thanks for the info.

Depends on the focus setting.  If on automatic (self-focus), it's very fast.  Faster than the original s5200 I had.  Also, with a high speed card, your recovery time before next shot is amazingly quick.  Comparable to others with a regular card.  

Hey LBH,

Is that camera one that uses an internal Hard drive? Or are you saying it uses a memory stick. Also how easy is it to put those vids to computer and say a cd to give out to friends and what not?  Oh and how many hours of filming do you get on a memory card?  I am wanting to take this camcorder with me when I go on my wilderness canoe fishing trips so just trying to get the right setup to maximize my filming.