Sign in to follow this  
hootersdoug

Glasses

Has anyone found a nationwide eyeglass company where you can get perscription fishing glasses?  I have had a few pairs that have worked pretty well, but none that have fit close to my face to keep the sun  (and the wind while running) from streaming in the sides and the bottom.  Any help in this search would be appreciated.

I'm pretty certain that Oakley, Costa del Mar, and one or two others offer Rx lenses in at least some of their models.  Check out their websites.

kb here    i aslo looking for a pair of polorized, prescription glasses.   i think i will get the costa del mars  there a little salty   but i cant find anythig i like better  kb

sunglasses.jpg

about $220.00

I'm using Sun Covers that fit over my glasses. Good side shields and UV protection. Cocoons and Fit overs are a couple of other brands.

You can do a Google search for

prescription polarized fishing sunglasses

and get plenty of reading material.

hey hooters. i'm going thru the exact same thing now. trying to get Rx sunglasses for motorcycle and fishing. i've been hitting www.heavyglare.com the most, and they seem to have all their junk together when it comes to service. i called them today about getting glasses and maybe not liking them. they told me to order just a standard set (non-Rx) of what i THOUGHT i may like, and then if i did not like them i could just swap. IF i did find them to be what i was looking for, then they could just either cut my Rx lenses to the glasses and send them to me, or i could send them back and they would cut and place them for me.

here is what i bought to today (standard pair to try on): http://www.heavyglare.com/catalog/model.php?brand=185&series=0&model=1400

these have a good wrap, which i have to have for motorcycle riding, and you can get them in polarized lense for fishing, and they start at $59, which you can beat with a stick :)

seems to be all i need, now i just have to see if they fit like my oakley twenty's (non-Rx) do. i refused to pay for a pair of oakley's $120-$150 (or more) for frames, and then tack on the Rx lense prices... way too rich for my blood.

I have a flexible spending account through work, so I have $600 to spend.  (Did not have any health problems this year)  Only problem is I waited until now, have to spend it before 1/1/07.  Thanks for the input, I will let you know what happens...........

Guest avid

My regular optician sells custom RX glasses for Maui Jim and Cost del Mar.

I don't like the idea of changing glasses so I just use cacoons.  they are sturdier with better lenses than suncovers.  and due to much abuse from the fashionistas

on BassResource.com I was able to get a smaller pair so I don't look like Ray Charles in a canoe.

My best friend just got a pair of Panoptix. They cost about $140.00 and fit my face better than the fit-overs that I've been using.

I have an appointment for an eye exam next week, and like Avid I think my optician sells Maui Jim, so that's probably what I'll be getting. At least I know I won't have to wear those fit-overs anymore.

Falcon

I got minr at Wal-mart. No joke. The vision center has a few decent pairs of polarized glasses.Mine cost about 180 after taxes. This post might be a little too late, though. The year is over. The year has begun.