Sign in to follow this  
carolinabassin

still not catching HELP

after reading here on many forums i have found that the best thing to use in the cold winter months are jigs or plastic worms. I have been fishing from the bank for 2 straight days trying every thing i have found on these forums but non seem to work. i was wondering if any one had some advise on catching bass from the bank in these winter months. any advise would be appreciated very much. and im fishing in a lake if that helps at all.

god bless.

Try vertical spoons in some deeper water. good luck!

he is on the bank..just try  moving around  hitting different spots..try downsizing also     ..ask around at the lake see if anyones having any success...    did you have success there before?

Got any bridge pilings around that lake that you can fish? Try a 4" finesse worm or 3" tube on a drop shot. An 1/8oz jig crawled slowly along the bottom is another option, or slow roll a single colorado bladed spinnerbait. Good luck and keep after it!

Try vertical spoons in some deeper water. good luck!

he is on the bank..just try moving around hitting different spots..try downsizing also ..ask around at the lake see if anyones having any success... did you have success there before?

during the summer i have success off of a dock into a deeper part of the lake where the land under the water runs up and gets shallower coming to the bank. thanks for the help

God bless

thanks to everyone who has posted i will surley try out of of these ideals and hope for the best. im just trying to make it 2 more months, i can't wait until the water starts heatin up but thanks angain for all the help. its all needed here.

God bless

during the summer i have success off of a dock into a deeper part of the lake where the land under the water runs up and gets shallower coming to the bank. thanks for the help

That would be a point or hump and you might want to spend a lot of time on that spot. Fish use areas like that as a highway to deep water. You can take a crankbait and fish it from different angles if you can. I would fist use a deep running crankbait while doing this and pay attention to what the bottom feels like. You basically using the crankbait as a depth finder and what your looking for is the edge of the drop. When you find it then you can position your cast to take advantage of the break. Another good option would be a Carolina rig. If you find the fish are relating to the break you can fish a worm or jig down the side of it. :)