Sign in to follow this  
Red

little help please

hey guys...been fishing a couple small private tanks for the past month or so...it started out great....one tank produced big numbers and the other produced less fish but bigger sizes....each time we go we catch less and less on either tank....to the point now where we cant hardly buy a bite...most fish have been caught on trick sticks, and topwaters.....i have caught a few on cranks and jigs...but now i cant catch anything....i have tried everything...shallow, deep, weed edges, open water, fast, slow, small, big...nothing the last two trips out...gonna head out there this evening....any tips?  the weather has been HOT and HUMID with bluebird skies....occasional t-storm in the evenings and little wind...if ya got any ideas they would be appreciated....other wise i will probably stick to a jig and crank tonight

thanks

Cliff

As the summer rolls on and the heat index climbs, some of the oxygen levels get depleted.     Don't know your depths, vegitation types or how much soft bottom you have where you are fishing.

I grew up around tanks, and have found that during summer months, the fishing always suffered.     Best times to fish where at night.     We found that the red clayed tanks were tougher fishing in summer months because we had less vegitation in them.    

Matt

this might sound strange but I had that happen a while ago so I used a pink floating worm and slamd them. :)

not strange to me...in fact I am upset you said it aloud. I thought it was my secret LOL! LOL!

The pink worm...especially pink senko's...has been my " the fishing is tough" bait for a few years. When the fishing is slow and hard I can usually catch something on the pink. I think it is not thrown alot and it is something the fish have not seen.  

Just last tournament a few of the guys were teasing the wife for throwing it. "OH LOOK...shes is throwing pink, doesnt THAT FIGURE...got one in mauve as well"

we weighed in fish...they didn't.

My favorite fishing hole, Lake Monkey Business, has been producing 5 or 6 bass each time I go out.  I went after work yesterday and couldn't buy a fish, even on a Senko, in an area where I knew there were fish to be had.  

I reached back into my bag of tricks for something I hadn't used in years.  I tied on a 1/8 oz jig head and stuck the last 4 inches of a culy tail worm (think Culprit) on it.  I just swam that through the deeper water in front of the dam and caught fish that way.  

I don't know why I quit using that setup.  I remember catching as many as twenty fish a day on it at Taylorsville Lake in Kentucky.

well i managed to catch one bass tonight...threw out a t-rigged 10" worm and let it sit...after about 3-5 minutes...fish on....i did have a nice size fish totally air ball on my spook jr. no other action to speak of, storm rolled in and i rolled out

was by myself

again

Cliff