Sign in to follow this  
GraseMaster101

Late Season Bass

As the season is getting later, im beggining to notice a decrease in the amount of action i once had. I was just wondering if there are certain tactics to use as the season winds down to increase production. Lures, places to fish, ect., anything.

Welcome aboard!

I don't consider the season "winding down." July and August are usually my best months for the biggest largemouth bass of the year, late September marks the beginning of smallmouth season in the Mid South. If things are slowing down for you, try to find structure in deeper water. You might be surprised!

8-)

Slow times for me have been great opportunities to try stuff i'm not as good at.  Havn't found time to do any top-water  untill this past weekend and got some great fish this weekend.

The season is far from winding down and there are a lot of opportunities left this year. It is hotter now so you might want to go deeper and fish where the bass take cover. just a thought   ;)

Keep Fishing!!!! Even now in the slower summer season you should not let up! Even if their not hitting as much as they once were for you they will still hit. Plus just cause your not catching as many fish, doesnt mean you should stop, because the season is far from winding down and the great fall fishing is on the way, so you should utilize this opportunity to experiment, learn, and practice things that your not as good at. When it comes to fishing there is always something to learn!!!  ;)