Sign in to follow this  
JHall

Good ol' homemade attractant recipes

As promised from a previous topic, let's hear all you ol' timers and young hot shots and everone in between sound off on your favourite homemade attractants.  

I mix all of the scents I have togethrer, add crumbled dough balls, crappie nibbles, bits of Gulp, and clear gel. Its my secret catfish dip bait.   ;)

Back in the old days before mfr put out any attractants, used to mix a little Oil of Anise with Glycerin oil and put on plastic worms.  Kept them soft and oily and gave them a distinct odor.  Some of the first commercial attractants were basically the same as that.

I use a combination of sweat, beer, bug spray, chewing tobacco spit and SPF30.  Not on purpose of course, it just works out that way.   :D

I use Fish Formula II or Baitmate (clear) with a ½ oz of pure anise oil added  ;)

This works great on Cat fish and I have been doing it since I was a kid.

Just scoop up some dog doily out of the yard and put it a can. Seal the can and punch some holes in it, add a couple rocks so it will sink. Go to you favorite fishing hole and throw it in and all the Catfish will come a running. Just add a little bate on your hook and start catching them.

Just scoop up some dog doily out of the yard and put it a can. Seal the can and punch some holes in it, add a couple rocks so it will sink. Go to you favorite fishing hole and throw it in and all the Catfish will come a running. Just add a little bate on your hook and start catching them.

are you serious or was thata joke??

are you serious or was thata joke??

Works very well, No Joke.

thats some real   bait i dont know about that one  ;D ;D ;D ;D