Sign in to follow this  
bassmaster8100

How would you fish it and why?

Ill be fishing a small lake tomorrow which I know pretty well but wanted to see what everybodys opinion was. The lake is 84 acres has alot of pads near the ramp and also has a nice sized area toward the back of the lake with a good many  of pads. Both place where the pad are are anywhere from 3 to 6 foot of water. Several points with gravel beds near them and there are also some pretty nice grass beds running up the sides of some of these point and one area where theres a grass flat in about 6 foot of water, few laydowns in the shallow areas,  the dam ranges from about 15 to 18 foot and theres a creek channel running through in about 18 foot of water. Not much visibility as far as the water clarity about 6 inches is all. Supposed to be 51 degrees in the morning when I launch and supposed to be warming up to the mid 80s tommorow think the the high is 86. So how would you fish where would you fish, what would you use and why?

I would fish deeper early and move shallower as the sun heats things up.  I would use 3 of my high confidence baits.

That's it.

Over thinking fishing is something I am an advocate against,lol.  I think color selection is overrated.

Fish what you know, fish with confidence and fish where there are fish.

It's that simple.

I would start on one of those points that has the grassline on the side, specifically where you said it is like a 6 foot flat.  Chunking a spinnerbait or buzzbait over the top. Then as the sun gets up I would either pitch it with a black/blue laminate beaver if the grass in dense, or just keep it simple and dead stick a senko. And just move up and down that point, also look for llittle things about the grass that is different than the rest and fish that hard. If that doesnt produce, when it starts getting hot, go shallow and pitch the bads with a jig. Good luck.

Creek cannel with a Texas Rig or Jig-N-Craw  ;)

I'm going with Catt.  I'd start off with a jig (3/8-1/2) with a craw trailer around the creek channel.  If that failed to produce, can't go wrong with a senko or fluke around lilly pads, as long as they are still green

an old crank phone, 2 long cables and 2 lead balls..........

j/k

id toss a smaller crank over the gravel around the grass in the brighter times of the day. also depending on how deep the gravel is i like a 4" trick worm pumpkin on a shakey jig head.