Sign in to follow this  
joez2872-ct

need help

i have been getting the skunk  the last few trips out  /been trowing xraps  senkos  etc  any advice  would  be great thanks guys  water temp slowing going down .....

Having some luck with a 1/2 oz Micro Munch jig and GYCB Flippin' Hog, Double-Wide Beaver and GYCB Kreature trailer.

A big presentation, fished slow.

1st. Are you finding active fish? It really doesn't matter what lure you're using if you're not on active fish.  

The last few times out I've had 62-64 degree water temps.  LMs were relating to outside weed lines in no more then 8 FOW.  Boated most of my LMs with 1/8 & 1/4 oz jigs with a trailer made by cutting a Kut tail worm in half.  Pitched it to weed line and worked it back to the boat very slowly with long pauses. Most of the strikes came as soon as I started to move the jig again.

they are  there  when i take out my buddys boat i can see them on the wedlines and  in the weed beds /water is clear in 80% of pond  dark tint in others .maybe iam fishing to fast for the weather /its been raining off and on  chilly as hell then next day 60,s ,i would  at least think pickeral would be  going crazy by now ,last time this yr i was nailing the pickeral ..

With water temps in the 60's you really need to slow down and down size some. If the water is really clear, you could be spooking them if you're to close.  Over the weeds I would try a Super Fluke worked with long pauses. 1/4-3/8 oz jigs, and maybe a hula grub or 4 inch grub along the weed edge.