Sign in to follow this  
_heavydutyload_

Wiggle Warts

I hear a lot of people talk about how great "old" Wiggle Warts are but how can you tell which ones are old ones? I found a few (out of the package) in my dads tackle box that he probably bought in the 80's. is that considered "old"?

Packaging? I've seen older models with red labels and some with blue labels but which one is older? I also heard you can tell buy the address on the back. If its from Oklahoma, its an older one. Is this true?

Construction? I've seen older ones with clear plastic as well as the "bone color" plastic under the outer paint. which is older? Also heard that the old ones have a seam down the middle. is this reliable for identifying the old ones?

Which "old" Wiggle Warts are the desirable ones? What do you look for (in packaging or not) when buying one?

Thanks for any help!

By just looking at the package you know old warts from new warts. Storm pre Normark owned warts came in a clam shell package, Storm Normark owned warts come in boxes with a clear lid.

Then come the differences in the bait, old warts are all in one piece, the lip and body bait are one, new warts came with the lip inserted in the bait ( two units ), newer versions of the wart are a comeback of the old one piece model.

Some say that old warts are better than new ones, I have both, old ones are not better than new ones, they are just different and as good one as the other.

The difference is just as he stated, old ones are one piece and the new ones are two.

The old and new do have different actions.  The old one seems to have more of the random darting action than the new ones.  What I mean is, as the bait is moving, the old ones will move to one side than back to center and so on.  The new ones seem to have a more consistant action like a typical crank.  One is not better than the other, but keep the difference in action in mind when selecting them out on the water.  The fish might like one action over the other.