Sign in to follow this  
Muddy

WAITING FOR THE T STORMS TO PASS>QUESTION ABOUT SUMMER FRONTS

Hey Fellas: In the North East, I know that lows and falling temps do not have the same effect in the summer as the spring.

I have been having a lot of sucess fishing deeper this year . So I have a question; NOT LOOKING FOR ANY BIOLOGY THESIS'Here ;D

How much of a drop in water temp and how much rain will cause the fish to move into shallower water (<10 Ft.) that has been too warm and 02 depleted before a series of heavy T storms and a cold front sets in?

The amount of ambient (air) temperature drop would have to be over a prolonged period of time; that is to say a drop in temperature for a day (24) would not be sufficient to affect water temperature. Now couple the ambient drop with a sufficient influx of cooler rain water you could have a significant change of water temperature. The amount required would be determined by the exact water temperature, the duration of and amount of ambient temperature drop coupled with the temperature and amount of the influx of rain water.

So no Muddy there is no way to possible give you a proper answer with out a biology thesis.

My Head Hurts! Thanks Catt for taking the time.

My head hurts from writing it but the easiest way to find out is to let the fish tell you; they know exactly when it's right.    ;)

I think that is the easiest way also. The temps in the shallower water ( surface reading form the depth finder) have been an avg of 83' for most of the last 2 weeks. I like to cast topwaters at night , paralell to the shore but have found most of my sucess lately is over a weed bed in 18 ft of water. Thanks Catt