Sign in to follow this  
bassmajor

Looking for a good bass fishing book

I new to the forum and new to bass fishing.  I am looking for opinions on a good bass techniques resource (book).  Has anyone found a good one out there?  

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is set up for what you are looking for. Techniques , what to use , when to use.

I'm sure someone will recomend some great books to read .

Hmm, my 3 faves are "Bassin' with the pros" "Bass patterns" By Babe Winkileman, and "Advance Bass Tactics "

The best Bass fishing book I have ever read is definately "Fishing on the Edge."  This is the autobiography of Bassmaster Elite Series Pro Mike Iaconelli. It gives a look on his life of fishing and gives very good information such as when, how, and why to use a lure.  This is a must-read and it definately gets a "two thumbs up."

"Spoonplugging" by E.L. "Buck" Perry. This book was first published in 1965, but the information provided is both timeless and priceless. By far, the most informative book I have ever read. Homer Circle's book "Bass Wisdom" is also an excellent resource.

Any thing by Elwood "Buck" Perry; if you can't find them you can't catch them  ;)

Bass Major,

You have asked a very simple question with a different answer from each of thr 15,000 guys on this site.

So here is my response:

What are you looking for?

I mean do you want to read a story, such as Ike's book Fishing on the Edge?

Or what about as specific bait sand techniques such as Kevin VanDam's Secrets of a Champion?

How about a great scientific read from Dr. Keith Jones of Berkley Products Research Center in Knowing Bass, The Scientific Apporach to Catching More Fish?

Basic bass books which are outstanding are Homer Circle's Bass Wisdom.

Denny Brauer's great book on flipping or pitching jigs and other baitsis a super read for you so consider Jig Fishing Secrets.

Finesse Bass Fishing by the father of finesse fishing, Don Iovino, and including a great sectin on sonar units, is a must for your library.

And then there are Kevin VanDam's Bass Strategies and Roland Martin's Bass-Catching Secrets.

Check out any local books on local boides of water such as we have in central Virginia for Lake Anna and the James River.

So take your choice of these suggestions or the ones from the guys. You can't go wrong.

And by the way, don't forget Sowbelly.  I have not read it but I plan to order it to read in the winter after I rearrange my tackle for about the zillion time.

Then, there are great DVDs and Videos out but that is for another post and discussion.  ;D   ;D   ;D

Just read, read, and read. And make an outline of what you read and view and start a filing system for your outlines and other articles you find interesting for future reference.  ;)