Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Coleman

Am I done till spring?

i dont have a boat and where i fish there is a creek that gets to be about 10-15 feet at the deepest and the marina has plenty of docks and some rip rap. 20+ feet of water too, is ther anything i can do?

Fish slow,use live bait?

My bass season is over till next spring already.

i dont have a boat and where i fish there is a creek that gets to be about 10-15 feet at the deepest and the marina has plenty of docks and some rip rap. 20+ feet of water too, is ther anything i can do?

That is a question you will have to answer your self. If you keep trying then no, if not then yes your done until spring.  I am getting ready to fish all winter because that is when I have the most time because of my job.  I don't have a lot of luck, but I have the time and until all the lakes/ponds freeze over, I go.  I have read most of the late fall and winter articles on here and get one here and there.

If you feel like trying go for it. ;)

Sorry Andrew, but yes, you are done. However, you can still go out and test some of your new baits the monkey made you buy. Or just practice feeling the bottom with a jig or c-rig.   :-/

Try some jerk and swim baits on that rip-rap.  Especially on sunny days - assuming the rip-rap is getting sun.  The rip-rap will warm and bring up bait fish and other creatures - which will then bring up the bass.  Rettieve them slow with LONG pauses on the jerk bait.

If the lakes didn't freeze around here I'd fish all year round. So my answer is no. Even if you not catchin you can still practice and try new techniques/lures. I'd try jerk baits fished really slow, jigs fished really slow, weightless senkos really slow it were me.

Or you can always go live bait. Just get some small shiners or nightcrawlers.

Andrew.

You live in Michigan.

It is December, heading into January.

Snow. Ice. Sleet. Hazardous roads. Slippery sidewalks. Shoveling snow. Throwing salt to melt ice.  Scraping off windshields. Digging car out of four-foot snow drifts.  Plowing driveways.  Plowing the street and leaving a three-foot snow bank in the entrance to your driveway. Sledding. Ice skating. Skiing.  Ice sculptures. Snowmen. Oil deliveries. Coal. Wood stoves. Hauling dirty and snowy wood inside house. Cleaning boots when coming inside.

Wearing heavy clothes. And gloves. And scarves. And head covers. And Boots with heavy wool socks. Heavy sweaters. Hot chocolate.  Seeing your breath when you go outside. Having glasses fog.  Running car to warm it up before you drive away.

Watching another bowl season without the Michigan Wolverines.

Yes Andrew, it is time to hang 'em up.  Just like when football season ended in high school.  Hang 'em up for the season and let 'em air out.

Get some good fishing books and read them. Get some good DVDs or CDs and watch them.  

Organize your tackle.

Clean your rods.

Clean your reels.

Make plans for 2009.

Keep posting questions on the Fourm and read all you can on the Fourm, both in the posts and the articles.

Dream about the "big ones" that are riding out the winter and will be ready to spawn in June or July when the water reaches a bearable temperature.

Sorry Andrew, but it is time to hang em' up.  ;D   :D   ;)   :)

Hey we still got ice fishing for yellow perch and walleyes!

Fishing is fishing.  ;)

We gotta keep our sanity somehow.

well for myself i am done fishing til spring BUT, i'm still going out feeling the bottoms and looking for drop off with a sinker or a heavy jig preparing myself for the spring and summer, just try locating some spots or underwater obstacles