Sign in to follow this  
IdahoLunkerHunter

Road Trip Info for people that have never been, KVD fishing Kentucky Lake

I know there are people like myself who have not been to Kentucky Lake. I found this video with KVD fishing Kentucky Lake trying to find info.

It gives some info on the lake and a couple good techniques.

Enjoy!

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&template=video.cfm&cat=Fishing&subCatID=14&connectionSpeed=broadband&videoID=107&startRow=0&videoType=prodcutdemo&option=2&cmid=OLPHVIDEO_107_HIGH

As we get closer to the trip, we will try to have two of our Big Sticks

on Kentucky Lake, CJ and Bud, post some specifics. This is their home

lake and you can expect some guidance on the where and the what

just as we arrive.

I expect good numbers and some big fish, I just hope not too many

are brown! Just kidding...largemouth, smallmouth and Kentucky bass

are the prime targets, but you will probably catch some other species,

too. Some of the surprises can be HUGE!

8-)

No Problem. I'm just trying to do as much research as I can about east coast fishing, especially shad. We have schooling bait here but it seems that its nothing like the "Shad" bite.

Can't wait to get some real insight later :)

Nice Video - I didn't know BPS had vido's on their site - than again i dont browse their site much just walk in :P

As we get closer to the trip, we will try to have two of our Big Sticks

on Kentucky Lake, CJ and Bud, post some specifics. This is their home

lake and you can expect some guidance on the where and the what

just as we arrive.

I expect good numbers and some big fish, I just hope not too many

are brown! Just kidding...largemouth, smallmouth and Kentucky bass

are the prime targets, but you will probably catch some other species,

too. Some of the surprises can be HUGE!

8-)

Does this mean I need to replace the 8 and 10 lb line on my reels with something heavier? I was planning to respool soon so it would be nice to know now.

I know there are people like myself who have not been to Kentucky Lake. I found this video with KVD fishing Kentucky Lake trying to find info.

Enjoy!

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&template=video.cfm&cat=Fishing&subCatID=14&connectionSpeed=broadband&videoID=107&startRow=0&videoType=prodcutdemo&option=2&cmid=OLPHVIDEO_107_HIGH

Good stuff to watch! It made me depressed = HARD WATER! :'(

Does this mean I need to replace the 8 and 10 lb line on my reels with something heavier? I was planning to respool soon so it would be nice to know now.

Nope, whatever you like to use in Georgia will be just fine in Kentucky.

Hopefully we will have some emerging vegetation, but for the most

part, Kentucky Lake is about structure, not cover. From a practical

point of view, we fish what most people would call "open water".

Potential "surprises" are big cats, drum, striper and buffalo.

8-)

Enjoy!

If anyone watched KVD fish the Zero and that weed guard that he made with 80lb, Mono. line! What I would like to know where can I buy 80lb.Momo.? I looked on line on Bass Pro and nothing evan close.

And the hook he was using was a saltwater Crooker hook, can't find that one too. went and looked at Mustad site and could not find it.

That is a pretty cool weedguard that he made!

Enjoy!

If anyone watched KVD fish the Zero and that weed guard that he made with 80lb, Mono. line! What I would like to know where can I buy 80lb.Momo.? I looked on line on Bass Pro and nothing evan close.

And the hook he was using was a saltwater Crooker hook, can't find that one too. went and looked at Mustad site and could not find it.

Try EBay and use fluorocarbon instead of mono.  Either will work.

Enjoy!

Try EBay and use fluorocarbon instead of mono. Either will work.

Ya,but you would think that a outfitter would carry 80lb. or a big chain would? :-?

I am a Kentucky native and have fished Kentucky and Barkley lakes a lot. If any one wants to pm or ask me any questions I will help any way I can.