Sign in to follow this  
cart7t

FYI for BR.com KY boaters

I just got off the phone with a gal at Kenlake Lodge.  The lodge itself has hookups at the cabins and a few (5) electrical outlets on posts in an island in the parking area out front of the lodge.  She said you could back your boat into those parking areas but you'd have to detach your vehicle each night.  Some 3-ways and l-o-n-g extension cords are probably going to be in order.

I haven't had much luck getting ahold of the Marina.  She said she thought slips were around $10 a night IF available.

If anyone else has actually gotten ahold of the marina please post.

Ok I just got a boat im bringing so im kinda new to the rules. What all do we need to get a boat in the water out there if im gona be Registered in NC? I know ill need my Registration / Bill of Sale ... and the obvious lifejackets, fire extinguisher, etc.

Ok I just got a boat im bringing so im kinda new to the rules. What all do we need to get a boat in the water out there if im gona be Registered in NC? I know ill need my Registration / Bill of Sale ... and the obvious lifejackets, fire extinguisher, etc.

Nothing, it's just like driving your car to another state.  Just make sure you have all your paperwork, insurance, and other things the DNR might check for.

I've tried several times to get in touch with the marina and have failed every time. I guess they don't want my money.

I also tried the marina both by phone and email.I am interested in a slip. If anyone gets in touch let us know.

I've tried several times to get in touch with the marina and have failed every time. I guess they don't want my money.

You can call me I'll take your money! :D

Does Kenlake Lodge have its power back yet?  According to the lady working at the lodge, they weren't expecting power restoration for at least two weeks.  That was a week ago.  The Marina may be having the same problems, including a phone outage.  I'd like to rent a slip also.

First, she said they did have power.  2nd, the marina is not a part of the Kenlake facility and is it's own entity.  She indicated that it's not uncommon for no one to be hanging around the phone there since there's absolutely nothing going on this time of year during the week on the lake.  She indicated the weekend may be the best bet to catch someone.

Niksfishinmom and I are out of town, but will be back Sunday night .... We'll take a run up there and get the info Monday or Tuesday.

So am I wrong in assuming that if you have a room you can back your boat up there and charge it every night.

So am I wrong in assuming that if you have a room you can back your boat up there and charge it every night.

If you have one of the individual cabins those have facilities right at the cabin to charge.  If you're in the lodge, their are electrical outlets (around 5) spaced around the island you see in this photo.

kenlakeke6.jpg

As you can see, that's a pretty big island.  You also can't back the whole rig in, you'll have to drop the trailer.  Like I said, a 3-way outlet and long extension cords will probably be the safest bet if we can't get slips.  Kinda sucks.  

Now looking at the picture. I don't think the 100 ft cord will be long enough ;D