Sign in to follow this  
South FLA

Sinking Cover Saturday

I've been busy lately new kid and new house, but I have managed to finally get some old xmas trees ready for sinking in my neighborhood pond/canal system. I did some research and it was recommended that branches be cut off off to leave gaps for ole'bucketmouth to hide out in. Here is a pic of my handy work. I've already found some deep holes next to ledges to sink'em in.

Edited structure to cover, I knew that too  :P

post-7188-130163011737_thumb.jpg

Nice work, but that's cover, not structure. Is it legal down there? I only ask, because I did the same thing for years before finding out it was illegal in NY. Ooops.

:o

Nice work, but that's cover, not structure. Is it legal down there? I only ask, because I did the same thing for years before finding out it was illegal in NY. Ooops.

:o

I have a private community lake and the HOA doesn't say anything, so I am assuming there shouldn't be a problem.  

I have several community ponds as well.  I would do it in the middle of the night because the condo commandos will rag on you.  These people seem to have wild hairs growing.

After Wilma we had quite a bit of "new cover", in time it gets removed.  I would definitely take advantage until it does disappear.

The cover did improve the fishing.

Hide it well. We were fishing Toledo several years ago and a guy drug a huge tree out into the lake and dropped it on the river channel about 10:30 in the morning. As soon as he left seven bass boats ran over(I was one of them) and punched in the GPS position. Not a good idea on his timing.

Hide it well. We were fishing Toledo several years ago and a guy drug a huge tree out into the lake and dropped it on the river channel about 10:30 in the morning. As soon as he left seven bass boats ran over(I was one of them) and punched in the GPS position. Not a good idea on his timing.

Thats freakin hilarouis!

Did you ever catch much off it?

I would actually prefer them to lay down.  And note which direction they are - trees fish better working them from base up.