Sign in to follow this  
flyhatch

Jigs & Senkos........

Hypothetically,

If both these baits were banned in all forms in tourneys. Which one would most greatly impact the weights of limits brought to the scales.

The ban would be just senko type baits, not including regular rubber worms. On the jig side any type of jig including chatter baits.

discuss.......

I think the removal of the jig would have the most affect, even without including chatterbaits, etc. In the tournament results that I read for the Elites, you don't see a lot of big sacks with the Senko type worms, but a lot of guys are doing it with the jig. Now it might be a different story for local tournaments. I'm not a tournament fisherman but I catch most of my larger fish on lures other than senko type worms.

The jig for sure. The senko is used to fillout a limit a lot of the time. Jig produce more weight.

/I'm NOT saying big fish can't be caught on senkos. :P

I tend to agree, I felt with the popularity and impact of the senko there could be argument for both sides. now if the question was which bait would greatly impact the revenue generated by their manufacturers id have to go with the senko type bait

Senkos: Half of the guys would have to stay at the launch, since that's all they fish.  Statistically, I don't think it would have any effect, unless the tourney was during the spawn.

Jigs: I'd just quit fishing, but not before smacking the TX. director upside the head.  No one's taking my jigs, bro.