Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

Bass thumb pics (Thumb and palm if you're from California,lol)

I saw 4Bizz's new avatar and wondered how many of us have clicked that shot.  Seems every spring, when we get on the big girls again and the winter has replced that leathery area with fresh skin, we are amazed with how torn up a good day can leave you.  Unfortunately, once catching becomes routine, the pad toughens up again till next yr.

OK, I'll start

7-6027.jpg

I wish I snapped a picture of it, but last year I had one cut the web inbetween my thumb and index finger.  At first I thought it was the fish bleading, so I rushed to get her weighed and a picture.  Once I released her, I noticed more blood and looked down and realized my hand was dripping blood. It hurt for awhile, but the joy of catching a solo 35-1 pound sack outweighed that pain ten fold!!

I also had the torn up palm and thumb that felt like heavy grit sandpaper last year.... we call it "Hudd Palm"  8-)

The big version. It became very painful. Every night when I would get home from the lake, they would get super dry and crack and start bleeding.

basspalm.jpg

Bass thumb rocks! And it's well worth the pain....suck it up fourbizz!  ;D

When someone asks how my fishing was, I just show them my thumb.  If they understand, they are in the "brotherhood" and I'll elaborate.  If not, I'll explain and then keep it short.

Man I wish I could find this pic from last summer to show you guys. I had just got back from a week in the poconos where I was catching 20 bass a day easily and we went to a local farm to pick strawberries. The strawberry juice soaked in to the scratched up part of my thumb and was red for about a week lol.