Sign in to follow this  
Pounce

Can't hardly afford to fish in Illinois anymore

50% income tax increase. Have to pay to enter our state parks.Have to pay to launch. $1 a pack tax on cigs. Big tax increase on beer. Sales tax, property tax, 44% increase in the gasoline tax . Corporate tax increase, all of this on top of some of the highest taxes in the nation already. We get absolutely nothing in return for these outrages taxes. Everything here is banned.If it is not banned it is taxed. I am really worried that Obama will do this to the whole nation.

Come to California, you'll stop complaining.  One of my favorite lakes.  2 dudes and a boat is $32.  I understand your frustration, I've gotten so tired of the raises in everything.... if it weren't for the great fishing in Cali, I would probably move.

I agree with you but the majority of the population voted him in looking for handouts. He has some great views, and I wish we could implement them, but we can not afford to do 1/4 of them. Just think of the future taxes to pay for this stimulus package. With the deficit where it is today every man, woman, and child owes 78,000 to even us out, anyone up for forking it over? lol

This is one of the reasons I am glad fishing CAN be so inexpensive.

I have gone into extreme budget fishing mode lately. It can be done...it is not easy to resist temptation but it can be done LOL.

** MODERATOR NOTE **

No politics or religion...

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1172273207

This thread is closed.

-Kent a.k.a. roadwarrior

Global Moderator