Sign in to follow this  
zaraspook_dylan2

Any fishing games?

If there was a combination of several games, thatd be great. I have a few  that have their ups and downs.

1. Rapala Fishin- Boat driving is fun, casting is realistic. Who would want to throw hard baits all the time though? Also, who would want to do that in a swimming pool sized area?

2. BPS fishing- Probably the most fun. I dont remember hard baits being in this game though. The tournies made me mad because I could never tell if I was getting anywhere.

3. Mark Davis fishing- Decent selection of baits. You can throw a freakin swimbait in it!!! Limited area to fish in though.

My idea of a good fishing game would be kinda like those goofy

skating games where you create a player and work your way up to

the top. Id like to be able to view a topo map of the game lake and

select spots to fish that would correspond with the seasons. Using

real, existing lakes would be awesome. The boat driving would be

cool if you could hit other boats waves and yell at people that were

up in your spots. BASS, if you're reading this, please for the love of

god make a fishing game that doesnt suck.

i have rapala trophies for the psp. and while it seems like a big advertisement , its not bad. just everything rapala.

the game develop people need to come out with more and better fishing games. maybe rockstar (developers of grand theft auto series) and bassmaster classic team up and throw something together.

If there was a combination of several games, thatd be great. I have a few  that have their ups and downs.

1. Rapala Fishin- Boat driving is fun, casting is realistic. Who would want to throw hard baits all the time though? Also, who would want to do that in a swimming pool sized area?

2. BPS fishing- Probably the most fun. I dont remember hard baits being in this game though. The tournies made me mad because I could never tell if I was getting anywhere.

3. Mark Davis fishing- Decent selection of baits. You can throw a freakin swimbait in it!!! Limited area to fish in though.

My idea of a good fishing game would be kinda like those goofy

skating games where you create a player and work your way up to

the top. Id like to be able to view a topo map of the game lake and

select spots to fish that would correspond with the seasons. Using

real, existing lakes would be awesome. The boat driving would be

cool if you could hit other boats waves and yell at people that were

up in your spots. BASS, if you're reading this, please for the love of

god make a fishing game that doesnt suck.

lmao, yeah we need BASS in here to make us a good game.  ;) but yeah I totally agree with you about those three games because I have owned all of them. I wasnt happy with them though. I seriously can't believe there isnt a game from BASS or like Sqhertz said Rockstar games that is a good fishing game. Fishing has become such a great sport that you would just think there would be game selections like there is for such games like Nascar 09, 08, 07 etc. from EA sports.

Thanks for the post

Dylan

I agree, fishing games are always lacking. The only fishing games I have

ever enjoyed are, super black bass SNES, and SEGA BASS FISHING for

Dreamcast. Now for some good news, well hopefully. There is a game

coming out. Think it is called Strike by basspro. Either way you get a

small fishing rod as your controller. My friend tried it at some

convention. He said it was pretty cool, then again he's not a full blown

fisherman. Still I will try it. Don't know when it's coming out but it's for

the XBOX360, PS3, and I believe the WII.

Nintendo basically did a direct port of Sega Bass Fishing to the Wii. It's very arcade like but you do get to choose between soft and hard baits. You cast, impart action and play the fish with the Wii controller. Overall not realistic but still pretty fun.

I agree, fishing games are always lacking. The only fishing games I have

ever enjoyed are, super black bass SNES, and SEGA BASS FISHING for

Dreamcast. Now for some good news, well hopefully. There is a game

coming out. Think it is called Strike by basspro. Either way you get a

small fishing rod as your controller. My friend tried it at some

convention. He said it was pretty cool, then again he's not a full blown

fisherman. Still I will try it. Don't know when it's coming out but it's for

the XBOX360, PS3, and I believe the WII.

Really? That sounds alright, if you hear any further, please send me a message.  :)

The kind of game i would really like to see is one that you play as  the fish. Maybe something like if you get caught 3 times games over or gut hooked and game over.  The over all goal would be to see how big (weight) you could get your fish to be. The computer could present lures/baits in different presentations and it would be up to you to judge wheter to strike or not. I think it would put a different twist on a fishing game.

I haven't played many of the modern fishing games on consoles (not since SNES).  But I do like Pro Fishing Challenge on the original Xbox.  Aside from having an unrelated picture of a girl in a bikini on the cover, you actually fish tournaments and have a decent selection of equipment.  You start off in something like a pond prowler with a 5hp motor.  It takes forever to move across big lakes!  As you win tournaments pretty soon you are in full blown fiberglass rigs.

The fishing itself is pretty interesting because you work the rod using one of the joysticks.  This is necessary to give the bait the propper action.  Once you hook into a fish you have to pull back on the stick to set the hook, and then move the stick to put pressure/play the fish.  It's a fairly entertaining fishing game.

The kind of game i would really like to see is one that you play as the fish. Maybe something like if you get caught 3 times games over or gut hooked and game over. The over all goal would be to see how big (weight) you could get your fish to be. The computer could present lures/baits in different presentations and it would be up to you to judge wheter to strike or not. I think it would put a different twist on a fishing game.

Wow. I have never even thought of that. That is actually a really cool idea, I would buy that! I agree it would be cool to see how big you can grow your fish with out being caught. Great idea! 8-)

the new rapala tournament fishing for xbox 360 IS AWESOME and extremely realistic you gotta use proper lure action, depth, everything.

I agree with you, it is pretty good. The thing turns me off the game, is you can only use Rapala.

The best fisihing game by far is Fisherman's Challenge on the ps2. Its very challenging and somewhat realistic. They have 100's of lures and almost every kind of rod, reel, and line combination. When you reel in fish you actually have to crank the joystick in a circular motion. Its pretty fun and doesn't get old.