Sign in to follow this  
mlpauley

Need some advice please

So, it's the weekend now but my dad has to work so he can't take me out on the boat or anything.. But there is little lake a bike ride from my house that has bass in it (we have caught a few).  But you can only fish from the bank there and there is just a small area where it is possible.  But I love to fish and was thinking about riding my bike up there and fish for a few hours.  I was just wondering if yall thought it would be worth itand what time would I need to get there to have the best chance of catching anythingand what should I bring with me ( as in lures or baits )  I usually fish senkos and really like them.

Thanks everyone and sorry for this kind of meaningless topic but I just want to get out and catch some fish by myself for once. (I think it would make my dad proud)    Oh and im 16 years old by the way.

IMHO the best time to go fishing or even if it is worth it, is whenever you can get to a lake. Take what you feel the most confidence in. Senkos would be great ;)...

skillet

I agree with Skillet.  Any time you can wet a hook is the right time.  As a young man, any lure you are comfortable with is the right one.  Go fishing!

Go for it. Can't predict what any given body of water holds, but I have had personal experience with catching quality bass from shore fishing ponds. You can generally use the same variety of lures that can be used from a boat.

Go ahead, make your Dad proud!!

Go fishing!!  use whatever lures or bait you like and can transport. Also be careful riding your bike with your rod. When I was a kid, I was biking to a fishing spot and wasn't paying attention to my rod and it went in the spokes and snapped. good luck

So how'd it go?  Catch any?  If so, what with?

I walked down to the lake near my house and got a really nice brim, a small bass and a little hybrid I guess.  I didn't even know there were in that lake.  It looked like a striper to me.  Supposedly, they skocked the lake and there are too many big ones in it!  Yeah, right.

If you get a chance to get out again, try some spinners or buzz baits. I know bass, both smallies and largies love these things, and I've had much luck on them. Also, if you're fishing cover I recommend the Rage Toad. I was watching Hank Parker or Shawn Grigsby fish these guys near cover and oh boy is it exciting! Good luck on the water bud!