Sign in to follow this  
BASS fisherman

Nothing special

Caught this during a tournament last month at Edinboro lake in NW Pa. To date (I have a tourney in Erie this weekend) this is the largest smallmouth I have caught. She was 17.25 inches and weighed 2 pounds 8 ounces. She put up a great fight and jumped twice before a jammed my rodtip 4 feet into the water. I was amazed at the fight this little fish put up too. I can't believe she didn't snap my line.

Andypic1.jpg

Thanks for the replies!

This past weekend I caught a bigger smallie that was 3 pounds 2 ounces.

I caught her in 32 feet of water up in Erie, dragging a tube on a special modified c-rig.  She dashed for the bottom atleast 10 times before I got her in the boat.  Since I have never fished that deep before, I didn't think she was a smallie because of the way she was fighting.  

No picture yet though.

3 lbs is where I think bass get more interesting. Body mass (water resistance) might be part of it, but they also seem to be stronger and have greater endurance. Fishing on Lake Erie is bound to produce a 5+ sooner or later. I'm looking forward to your post when you boat that one!

8-)

3 pounds is where it starts feeling like I hooked a stump after I set the hook. I have thought at times after setting the hook into a bigger one that I was snagged...then reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Gotta love it!

Like RW said, three pounds is where they start to get interesting. I can't wait to you post that five pounder and see that smile. Don't go hogging him in now, they won't give up, even when you get them in the boat !!! Have fun and good luck. :)

Yep I agree 3# is great I just got back from Cowans Gap Lake I was fishin off shore and caught a new PB 19" 4# largemouth from shore . At first I thought I was tight too. Then she started movin. Sorry no pics that I can post I didn't have a digital camera alls I had was disposable.

eriedeadfishcropped.jpg

Here she is!

She died well before weigh in, so that's why she looks odd. She was deep hooked and the fact she died IMO wasn't reversable.

eriedeadfishcropped.jpg

Here she is!

She died well before weigh in, so that's why she looks odd. She was deep hooked and the fact she died IMO wasn't reversable.

Hi Andy..wow nice catch.! ;)..