Sign in to follow this  
wisturkeyhunter

Hey mattlures

Was going to send a pm but figured somebody else might like to know to. What container is best for storing your bluegill baits, both the soft and the hard. I don't want something big just something that will hold 4  of them.  I fish from shore alot and have to carry everything so the more compact the better. Most plastic boxes are made for long skinny baits and don't work with yours. Would it be better to just modify a plano? Thanks.

I keep my Mattlures Ultimate Bluegill bait in it's original package. If it's safe enough to ship the bait in that, it's safe enough to store it.

I have a tendency to cut my boxs to make them fit... the only downside is if u want to put different lures in the box they don't stay nearly as organized

With any soft swimbait you want to HANG it by its nose to prevent the bait from warping. If the tail does warp or the bait runs on its side submerge the tail into boiling water for a few seconds and the swimbait will return to its normal position.

As for tackle boxes, the Markey boxes are OK. The lakewood box is the best, but a cheaper alternative to both is to use a coat hanger, snaps and a plano box (see the Markey design).

I hope this helps.