Sign in to follow this  
New River

New River

1st post here, but definately not new to fishing (49 years).   ;D

Not sure where to post this message, but it is only about smallmouth fishing so here goes:

Looking for guys that love smallie fishing as much as I do on the New River (NC & VA). I never come home without catching fish, so get in touch if you want to float the river and do some serious fishing.  

I am not a guide, I only fish for the enjoyment of being outdoors, and I practice catch-and-release always.

I do have an extra Outcast pontoon rig if you need a river ride.

Thanks  :)

Welcome to the Forum, NewRiver! Lots of good info here. Look forward to seeing pics of fish from your neck of the woods .

Welcome to the forums! I live in Roanoke and fish the New River a few times each year along with Claytor Lake. Its hard to leave Smith Mtn to travel that far but I do it. Lots of good fish in the river.....we have another member here, "Craw" who fishes the NR a couple times a week....he's been AWOL for a while but he's still fishin', I do know that.

Welcome New River,

I must have been in the wrong place of the river because I fished there once and didn't catch a thing.  Got two bites and did see the fish but they were no larger than your average stream trout so no hook set.  

I was fishing the streatch between New River State Park all the way back towards where that canoe rental place is (right after the bridge).  Don't know if you're familiar with that area or not.

What part of the river are you fishing from?

Cheers.

Welcome to the Forum.  I also fish New River around the Bluestone Lake Dam and below.  No problem catching boatloads of fish, that's for sure. I fish it in pontoon boats also.  ;)

I fished a small section of the New in the headwaters of Claytor lake this past summer, but I've been dying to float the "real" New River for a long time...