Sign in to follow this  
BassAssasin2

Berkley Power Baits

What do you guys think of the Berkley Power Baits. Ive had some awsome luck T-rigging and throwing into anything and everything. Any one have any methods they like?

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of poles" :);):) :)

To rich for my blood. $3 a piece is a little pricey for me. But I hear decent stuff about 'em..

I like SK Shadalicious for the price. My BPS, for some reason, has packages of 7 - 3.5", instead of 6. So I get an even better deal. And all my packages have been of 7. Even the employees were shocked when we opened a package.

Had EXCELLENT luck with the SK in SW, lots of large 20" sea trout, but have yet to catch a bass on one. :-[

And no, I use a "fresh" bait in FW, and keep my SW used SK's in a different ziplock bag.

I bought a pack of 7in power worm in blue flack. I think i paid 4-5 bucks for 10. Awsome action and the bass really hit them hard. Pulled in a nice 4 pounder just casting out to fix a tangle in my line.  And that was just one of a nice stringer full. Average weight 3 and a half pounds, not bad.

I bought a pack of 7in power worm in blue flack. I think i paid 4-5 bucks for 10. Awsome action and the bass really hit them hard. Pulled in a nice 4 pounder just casting out to fix a tangle in my line. And that was just one of a nice stringer full. Average weight 3 and a half pounds, not bad.

Well, let me restate what I meant. To "try" a pack of 3 plastics for $10, is a little pricey. If they catch fish, then their worth their weight in gold.

I own many LC lures, and at $15 a pop, I've caught a-many fishes before, so I am pleased with my purchase.

But like you, I haven't heard enough "good" things, to justify the price of the Berkely ones. However they seem to put out a quality product, no matter what it is.

(And yes, I'm new [6months] to fishing)

I have 20 packs of each Power Bait lure in each color, LOL! My favorite is the 4" Chigger Craw in blk/red T-Rigged and flipped into some nice THICK COVER!!!

Power Baits are as good or better than any other soft baits on the market.

Power Baits are as good or better than any other soft baits on the market.

They should be, considering the price. Like I mentioned I'm new to fishing, but I thought I overpaid for these.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/prod.php?k=96579&sk=95807&u=PCATS132

I panfish primarily, but I have $150 reels and rods. $1.25 a piece for these little guys is a little pricey, but they are extremely dealdly. Now, I need different colors, and now I'm looking at $20 with tax. I wish I made more $.  :)

I also use the panfish series Gulp Alive baits. Love 'em both.

Slowly learning it's Berkely or nothing when it comes to plastic baits. I only touch LC, Sebile or Spro lures. I'm pretty loyal to what works. Plus I like buying quality. The colors and quality of the LC lures are unmatched. Well, except for maybe JDM imports (Megabass etc). But I'd rather support local retailers, because you can't get the kind of advice/support from an online retailer that you can locally.

;)

I always have a pack of 3" Berkley Power Grubs in a pearl white color, rigged on a small 1/8th or 1/16th oz roadrunner. Bass hit them all the time and if the bass aren't hitting, then the crappie do. Great little bait

For finesse on a budget, I like to use Zoom Trick worms in watermelon green or Pumpkin seed brown-ish rigge Texas style with or without a weight (depending on how agressive the fish are). Been using these natural colors for a few years and they always produce.

Tequila Sunrise and Red Shad 7" power worms have caught me more fish than any other plastic.  I fish them on jigs, c-rigs, and t-rigs, and i just love the darn things.

OTH... I've tossed these out a bunch, and never had so much as a tap.

I still have some left, so I'll keep tryin.

The blue fleck power worm is the best worm ever made hands down.

I've fished power bait worms since they first came out years and years ago.  They are fabulous and I highly recommend them.

7" Motor Oil power worms are my all time best producing bait.

I didn't fish them much last year, but I know I'll get back to basics this year (assuming I can take off the Trick Stick that is).

Guys here is a site to some great deals on Berkley stuff. It is their outlet store.  www.ffo-tackle.com.

Great prices on select berkley items.  thought I would share

Guys here is a site to some great deals on Berkley stuff. It is their outlet store. www.ffo-tackle.com.

Great prices on select berkley items. thought I would share

Thanks for the link. They having nothing for "panfishing" my #1 go-to sport. Next is LM's but it's like 75/25 panfishing. Wish they had something, because they have good prices, to boot.  :)