Sign in to follow this  
J. M. Richardson

Scum Frog Bigfoot

Anyone here fish with these? and if so how do you fish them.

I really enjoy fishing with the regular weedless scum frog and the bigfoot looks like it may produce some awesome fish.

thoughts?

Bought one while back when they first came out.It is now residing in the county dump.No weight in the belly,legs do not kick at all whatsoever and it is basically worthless. :)

Maybe they made some improvements to it since then.

I would reccomend the snag proof kicker frog instead.A little expensive but it is a fish catching machine.

I have a bunch of them but they are not that great! You need to pretty much burn it to get any action from the legs. Also, the hook up ratio SUCKS!!!!!

I'm glad I didn't buy any yet if they aren't vary good. I'll look into the other kicking frogs though and see if they help. Other than than I just stick to scum and Spro Bronzeye Frogs twitched across the lily pads  

If you want a kicker frog with the paddle legs than get the Stanley Ribbit frog. I am telling you it is awesome! They even have one with a buzz bait blade for extra noise.  I made my own with Wal-Mart $1.00 buzz baits i modified.

If you want some soft frogs with great action try Rage Tail Toads.  They are a little pricey, but they are very consistent in there action and are very durable.

I can't believe what I'm reading.  My Bigfoot kicks butt!  The legs have all sorts of action.  It's like a weedless, floating buzz bait with Owner hooks.

They rock.

I like scum frogs and scum frog poppers, and I was thinking of trying the bigfoot. Now I think I will pass.

If you want a kicker frog with the paddle legs than get the Stanley Ribbit frog. I am telling you it is awesome! They even have one with a buzz bait blade for extra noise. I made my own with Wal-Mart $1.00 buzz baits i modified.

Does the stanley ribbit float?

Ribbits do come in floaters,although colors are limited.Gambler cane toads come in floaters as well.

I bought 3 of these a while back and they were not the best baits initially. Very thin bodies and legs didn't have great action. Sent them back to Southern Lure and the replacements are super!

Maybe first run was bad.

Bought some of the snagproof paddlefoot frogs and can't wait to use them.

I've bought two of the bigfoots. The first one had one foot ripped off then both legs, bought the second and glued the legs in but still had one foot ripped off. I fixed the first with some chicken hawk worms and plan on fixing the second some may but for now I'm gonna try the Rage toads.

I was  looking at the southern lures website and notice they also have the thudertoad which is a frog buzzbait style lure. Anyone tried these?

I love buzzbait and Frog fishing so If I can combine the best of both world s with this bait that would be awesome