Sign in to follow this  
MitchIsFishin

Storing crankbaits: no idea

I know this has been brought up, but looking for tips/hints/suggestions on what to do with my crankbaits. Been throwing them into plano boxes and just trying to make rooms. Help?

we keep ours seperated from shallow to deep. i have a large duffell bag full of plano's filled with cranks. keep them out of heat and severe cold and sun and they will be fine. sort them how you wish. its not rocket science :o

I just use the Plano boxes.  What are you wanting to do different?

Do you want to sort by size, depth or color. Or maybe use smaller boxes

for ease of carry?  Are you looking for organizing or carrying hints?

I use the Plano flipsider box for my cranks.  I have never seen a FTO falcon box, but I have heard that the Plano flipsider box has more space.  

423-278-00warrow.jpg

The Falcon Boxes are awesome, just with they where bigger and held more. But do seperate and protect the cranks very well.

I seperate mine by depth.

1-4'

4'-8'

8'-12'

12'-deeper

traps

jerks

tops

I also keep one plano box empty so before a trip I fill it with the ones I want to take. Hope that helps.

Hey: I got a good idea from Micro, without him even knowing. He sent me some baits with treble hook bonnets. I think he did it so the lures would not get scratched. When I go to the store next I will be getting some, It will allow to put similar lures in the same slot of a Plano Type Box without the lures becoming all tangled up. They are much easier to take off than I thought, and will allow me to put 2 or 3 of the same bait in a slot.

I seperate mine by depth.

1-4'

4'-8'

8'-12'

12'-deeper

traps

jerks

tops

I also keep one plano box empty so before a trip I fill it with the ones I want to take. Hope that helps.

X2

I store my cranks by depth in my plastic tackle boxes.

In plastic boxes INSIDE MY HOUSE WITH ALL OTHER TACKLE.

If you keep all the different depths together it is easier to select a color knowing that all the cranks will dive to the depth you are seeking.

Just my two cents.  :o

Having the same problem, tried the  Bass Pro Shops® XPS® Double Sided Tangle-Free Crankbait Organizer.  Was a waste of money, looked great ordered it, placed three crankbaits per row.  Turned it over to fill other side, and everything was tangled up.  Not worth the shipping cost to send it back, so now I use it worm plastics.