Sign in to follow this  
drmnbig

Yum prototype baits?

I was at Walmart a little bit ago and my eye caught some packages of YUM baits in one of those boxes they lay on the bottom shelf with cheap lures.  The YUM baits in the box were packs of 5 soft plastic shad baits.  I bought all 4 packs they had because they look like great baits.  2 packs are rainbow trout colored and about 7" long with a wide flat tail just like a real trout has.  Once pack is a smokey shad color with a tail similar in shape to a worm but had the similar tail as the others except the tail was much narrower.  The last pack was a mix between the two except about 4" and black smoke in color.  The 2 packs of smoke colored baits with the small tails have a slit in the stomach for the hook but the trout colored baits did not have this slit.  I've searched YUM's site and cannot find any of these baits listed.  The reason I'm curious if they are just some prototype is the fact that they only have 5 baits in the package and were $1.27 each!  

Well, fish em and let us know.  At a buck and change a pack I may run out and see if mine has any in stock.  The only YUM product I've ever used were some twin tailed grubs that I got on sale at BPS.  Mixed results with those.  Probably more my fault than the plastics though.

I was just at walmart today and i looked through the "creature" box and i found some kalin's grubs and although they dont say zoom on them they are the spittin' image of brushhogs. These were both in Yum bags

I found some cordell spots in one of those bins each $.99 and they where in colors that I can't even find on the cordell website. I always wondered why? ( their great cranks to) :-?

the yum baits you found at walmart i saw them there to the shad with the flat tail is called a Houdini Shad  it not a prototype  bait it just a regular bait the brand is riverside but has yum attractant on it  so it kinda like a yum bait but in a different package and less bait in it with a lesser price.

the yum baits you found at walmart i saw them there to the shad with the flat tail is called a Houdini Shad

Not a flat tail, a paddle tail.

I picked up a pack of the yum "creature" they look like they have great action for a carolina rig. cant wait to try them.