Sign in to follow this  
Brian4618

Jig colors

I was in Gander Mountain yesterday picking up a few things and I went to the aisle with the jigs on them. They had plenty of jigs, but all of them were in dark colors. Are light colors such as white and chartreuse not as productive as the dark colors when using jigs? Sorry if this is a "noob" question, I am new to jig fishing and trying to fish these things. Thanks

it depends what water clarity you are fishing in, in clear situations the natural colors work wonders( greenpumpkins, and watermelons). For stained water you might want to try the brighter colors just my opinion.

i love the craw colors. something about the brown and orange with orange flake does wonders for me. then again thats me. id say get some standard recommened colors and commit a few days to fishing them.  once i said no matter what ill sacrifice fishing what i knew would catch fish  for what i think may catch big fish i uped my game. but ask around and ull hear pb and j  black and blue. pumpkin greens and brown craws. with those four your set. variations are allllllll over. so good luck ;D and dont worry about noob questions. no such thing

t

The only time i have used a white jig is while "swimming" one with 1/2 a paddle tail swim bait trailer to simulate a bait fish. Jigs are suppose to imitate a crawdad so stick to colors that do that. BTW, bass will hit a jig even if crawdads are not present in your body of water.

Black

Black Blue (foil)

Black Red (foil)

Black/Brown/Pumpkin

Green Pumpkin with Green flake

Western Melon

Skeet's Secret

They all work...

I try to match the color of the water or vegetation. Or like said before, The craw colors work very well indeed.

Marke

Black, brown, green pumpkin

All you need.

Word!

Some guys do just fine with black only.

8-)