Sign in to follow this  
CODbasser

can someone tell me how to get a 3x finesse worm on a shakey head and make it look right

the guy that made the post about 3x reminded me of the major pain in arse it is to get these worms on a shakey head...i cant get them on the cork screw type shakey heads or the ones with the spike...and when i put them on the strike king shakey heads they look like crap...anyone got any tricks to making these things look good on a jig head...i know they dont have to look perfect...im just really picky about the way my stuff looks...dont know why...guess i have a small case of ocd...just thinking about trying to rig these things aggravates me

For the ones with a spike.

Clamp a needle or small finish nail in a pair of forcep, vice grips or anything else that can hold it securely.

Heat the needle or nail with a match, lighter, small torch.  Slide the baits over the needle, centered and straight.  That will result in a small hole in the bait which will stretch to slide over the spike.

The twist locks are another story, but basically the same procedure.  Don't know if you could do them ahead of time.  You'd need to locate the entry hole to install, which might prove nearly impossible.

The Owner Twist Locks are the best.  They have a center pin which keeps the bait aligned.

Whichever you use, heat the corkscrew the same way as you did the pin.  Then install your bait.  The coil will melt its way into the head.  

I have some Strike King Finesse worms, and they will not go on the barbed pins, ring pins or coil holders.  The heating thing did the trick for me.

Clamp a needle or small finish nail in a pair of forcep, vice grips or anything else that can hold it securely.

This may work but in my opinion, its way too much of a hassle to 'perform surgery' just to get a worm on a peg. The 3X worms are difficult to deal with but the floating qualities makes them very unique.

jfriend, put it on a regular ball head or try some of the Gamakatsu Skip Gap shaky heads. I really like the Skip Gap heads.

never used them, but i've used the elaztech baits that come with chatterbiats, if you use a hook that can poke through them to give your self a starter hole, maybe that will help. again, just an idea. good luck!

why not glue it? try a soft bait glue or super glue

This may work but in my opinion, its way too much of a hassle to 'perform surgery' just to get a worm on a peg. The 3X worms are difficult to deal with but the floating qualities makes them very unique.

jfriend, put it on a regular ball head or try some of the Gamakatsu Skip Gap shaky heads. I really like the Skip Gap heads.

Not a lot of work at all.  Can do ten worms in a couple of minutes.  It's a heck of a lot more work, in fact I found it impossible to get the SK finesse worms onto any type of holder, barbed, ringed, or spiral type.

I spent more time struggling to get one worm on, with no success than it took me to do four packages of the finesse worms.

Now, they slide right onto the barbed or ridged holders, and grip just fine.

thanks fbl ... who carries the skip gap heads? i cant say that i have seen them..if i have .i over looked them...thought about t riggin em and peggin the weight...deff gonna try these tips out... ;)

thanks fbl ... who carries the skip gap heads? i cant say that i have seen them..if i have .i over looked them...thought about t riggin em and peggin the weight...deff gonna try these tips out... ;)

Here you go.

http://www.***.com/descpage-GSGSH.html