Sign in to follow this  
War Party

Baby 1-Minus by Mann

I just bought one of these. They have an Elite model that has red hooks with schnazzy paint, but the reviews on Cabelas said that the paint is el-cheap-o; it flakes off really quick. So, I got the older version.

What is your experience with either the Baby 1-Minus or the Elite Series Baby 1-Minus?

I just bought one of these. They have an Elite model that has red hooks with schnazzy paint, but the reviews on Cabelas said that the paint is el-cheap-o; it flakes off really quick. So, I got the older version.

What is your experience with either the Baby 1-Minus or the Elite Series Baby 1-Minus?

The 1-minus is pretty much a staple in a cranking arsenal.  Great bait if you need something for super-skinny water or over grass.  Wiiide wobble....

Dont worry about your paint this bait is a reaction bait it can be any color bass dont care beside the more beat up it is the better

It's my favorite shallow crankbait.

These are a great bait for kids to get hooked on bassin' too.  Easy to cast, retrieve, and catches lots of fish.

Great Bait, Great Value

The paint is cheap, but the bait catches fish with or without the paint so don't worry about it.

Agreed, great baits.  Like most guys, I have at least a dozen of them and get beat up, which is a good thing.  The worse a bait looks the better.    

I've yet to find a place where the 1 minus didn't work when the fish are busting stuff near the top.  

i just got one of these last week.  seems like i have to crank it really fast to get the action.  very wide/quick wobble.

is fast the only way to work this?  am i doin it right??

Minus One is a great lure for over grass and shallow areas.

Use it and I am sure you will do well.

As for the paint chipping, I have never encountered that problem.  ;)

The only ones I've had problems with paint chipping are the red hook Baby -1. Don't confuse this with the elites that have red hooks, they are fine. Just the plain old red hook Baby -1. This one in particular (attached)...

I prefer the beat up look to the new out of box look anyday...

Good lure as far as attracting fish, but the hooks tend to tangle. Check to see that they're not tangled before you cast.