Sign in to follow this  
HydrillaKilla

Rust Protection Strips For Your Tackle Box ??

I cant think of the name but they make a product that is like cardboard strips that you put in your boxes to prevent rust. Just wondering what they are called,do they work and where to get them??

thanks

robbie

VCI strips are the coated cardboard pieces that you put in your tackle boxes. I havent bought any in a while and I couldnt find them on ebay (where I got them last time) but I did find these

http://www.theruststore.com/Bull-Frog-Rust-Blocker-Strips-P23C12.aspx?UserID=4267332&SessionID=ISLywMDmSIKzTajCjIIg

Pretty much the same thing.

flambeau has zerust blocks Or do what i do buy the boxes with zerust  dividers and use the ones you don't use in boxes that need um Crankbaits,spinnerbaits ,hooks and hard terminal tackle

The poor mans tip:

Charcoal absorbs moisture, during storage, I keep a briquette in my box, also have a few in all of my gun cabinets. I run humidifiers all year, and haven't had a problem with rust.

You can also stick one of those little packages that absorb moister from food of new shoes when you buy them that does the same thing. Big letters on it says don't eat.

I picked up some of the Flambeau blocks from the Boater's World going out of business sale last week. Says they are good for 3 years.