Sign in to follow this  
jomatty

swimming senko

how are you guys doing with these.  ill try any new lure that yam. puts out but i must say that im not sure exactly when i would prefer this over something else.  i caught one fish on it and that was fishing it almost like a soft plastic frog, very close to the surface.  its prob. not the best test conditions but im just curious how you guys are using them.  i suppose they may work on a carolina rig if the fish were wanting a faster presentation but again i still have a hard time thinking i wouldnt opt for something else.

verdicts?

matt

I think I've read some of lightninrods posts and he has been having success on them.

Guest avid

anybody see any articles about methods of rigging and working this bait?

Seems kinda silly to fish it like a regular senko.

Maybe like a fluke?   What's out there in the way of info?

i found an article on the yamamoto site that suggested swimming it essentially like a swimbait.  gary suggested either doing so weightless or with a light screw in sinker.  in the article he said that the swimming senko was a responce to  fish followin but not hitting a swimbait, but being able to be caught if you throw a senko at the follower.  personally i dont know about this idea.  verdict still out for me though as Gary gets a little more testing than most manufacturers.

matt

I have caught quite a few fish on this bait. I just cast it out and let it sink for a little bit then steadily reel it in. Ive caught fish from 1lb to my 5lb pb. It doesn't work all the time it seems like.

I've been debating whether I should pick up a pack of these or not.  Seems from the responses (from this and other threads/boards) it has a place next to the other swimbaits.  I'll pick some up next month and see what I can do with them; currently broke..  :D