Sign in to follow this  
bigtimfish

thread poof gone!!!

I just wrote this, but here i go again. Is there really any reason to pay $15-$20 for a bait? I use x raps,thundersticks,and rogues. and still catch. Can LC,Megabass,and Jackall really work that much better? does a spro mcstick actually outfish an x rap? :-? Hopefully this one doesnt disappear.

A lot of people must think so or else they wouldn't sell any.  Buy a few and let me know  ;) I'm too cheap to give the pricey baits a try, especially fishing from shore.

Nope, there isn't a need to buy anything fishing related if you think about it.  We don't technically need to fish at all.  

I have bought several 15 dollar baits and I do not regret any of my purchases.  To me it just makes the sport more fun and appealing overall.

If you feel like you do not need the expensive stuff then don't sweat it.  There are plenty of fish to be caught on the cheap lures.

Nope, there isn't a need to buy anything fishing related if you think about it. We don't technically need to fish at all.

I have bought several 15 dollar baits and I do not regret any of my purchases. To me it just makes the sport more fun and appealing overall.

If you feel like you do not need the expensive stuff then don't sweat it. There are plenty of fish to be caught on the cheap lures.

good answer ;)

Nope, there isn't a need to buy anything fishing related if you think about it. We don't technically need to fish at all.

:-? Hmmmmm......interesting.

....and bigtimfish, your previous thread got sent into cyberspace by accident, never to be seen again. WOOPS! We apologize. ;)

The one area where I think high dollar lures really make a difference is with jerkbaits. The action on high dollar jerkbaits is much more refined and it definitely puts more fish in the boat IMO. I buy high dollar crankbaits and lipless crankbaits as well and I do notice some increase in performance and fish catching over cheaper baits, however, the difference is not nearly as dramatic as it is with jerkbaits IMO. Expensive lures don't make you a fisherman though, I've had my arse handed to me by guys fishing ugly sticks, cheap reels, and $4 xps lures.